DONATE TODAY AND YOU TOO CAN HELP
Vulnerable and At-Risk Children receive urgently needed Psychosocial Support
Mental health issues are often ignored, and this is even more prevalent among families with children and dealing with other problems such as unemployment and poverty. ChildLine is requesting your kind support in offering free psychosocial services to children and young people in Trinidad and Tobago.
Here’s how you would be helping:
- One-on-one counselling for children can cost up to $600 TT per hour. This makes seeking out psychosocial support highly impossible for parents who are unable to afford private counselling
- There is a vast number of children waiting up to months to be seen by counsellors in the public service. Children who are experiencing major psychosocial challenges are often left without timely care and attention
- When their problems are left unattended, children tend to resort to unhealthy coping practices such as self-harming, delinquent behaviour, poor anger management, substance abuse, and even suicide
- The Covid-19 pandemic has added to the depressive lived realities of children at-risk. Based on the latest trends, the long-term effects of the pandemic are sure to be seen among children in the form of depression and general anxiety
Through our toll-free helpline, we regularly receive calls from concerned parents and guardians in need of psychosocial support for their children. This further demonstrates the need for urgent and timely intervention to secure a healthy future for tomorrow’s generation.
Our goal is to provide free psychosocial support to at least 100 children per year
Donations can also be made via direct deposit to:
- Account Name: ChildLine
- Account Number: 610 433 199 201
- Name Of Bank: Republic Bank Limited
- Branch: Park Street
- Branch Address: 9-17 Park Street, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago